[Author's Note: All links have been removed per client's request]
Starting a marketing blog is daunting when you see the thousands of blogs that already exist.
But having a blog for your business is more important than ever before. The benefits speak for themselves.
When you blog effectively, you will help your existing clients AND generate potential new clients, too.
In this article, I’ll help you make sure that your marketing blog contains compelling content that your clients will for sure read.
Know Your Target Audience
Understanding your audience is the most important foundation to ensure that your clients will actually read your marketing blog content.
Are they small business owners who are complete beginners? Or are they corporate executives who want advanced tips?
Write to your target audience in mind, and you’ll write in a way that they can easily digest and read.
Knowing your audience makes it easier to target the right SEO keywords, too.
Give our free Keyword Suggestion Tool a try to find relevant keywords.
Create Relevant Blog Topics, Then Validate Them
The worst use of time is to create content that the client doesn’t find valuable.
Before writing any blog piece, always ask, “Is this a solution to a problem that my clients have?”
If you answer, “Yes,” you’re already halfway there!
But how do you know that your content is what your clients want?
You validate them.
Validating is a simple yet crucial step in guaranteeing relevance that is often overlooked.
When you validate, you’re double-checking that your clients are searching for these topics.
You can use the following tools to validate:
- Blog Comments is a great, free way to get unsolicited feedback from your audience that will help you craft future blog posts.
- Reddit is an active online community where people share their questions and interests. They have a simple upvote/downvote system, which helps identify questions that are generating the most interest.
- Twitter is a social media platform that allows you to see what topics are trending. Follow relevant hashtags to easily discover useful content that hasn’t been written yet.
- Google Keyword Planner shows the search volume of keywords. You can see how often people are typing this into the Google search bar. If you’re balling on a budget, try our free Keyword Planner.
- Buzzsumo is an online tool that analyzes how often an article is shared.
Use Clear And Effective Headlines
Did you know that 8 out of 10 people will read headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest?
Headlines matter, so always check that they are:
Moreover, search engines prioritize headlines for relevancy.
Adding appropriate keywords may boost your blog visibility. Use our free keyword ranking tool to help discover the right keywords.
Format, Format, Format
Proper formatting makes your blog posts easy to read and impacts your page ranking. With each post, always:
- Write concise sentences
- Use the appropriate title tags for headlines and sub-headings
- Have no more than 1-2 sentences per paragraph
Yoast has a great free readability check that’s worth checking out!
Stick To A Schedule
When your audience knows when to expect new content, they’ll keep coming back to your site.
This is an SEO best practice, too, as it keeps the blog content fresh.
intimidating, but it’s totally doable! As long as you:
- Know your audience
- Create validated relevant content
- Write effective headlines
- Format blog posts AND
- Maintain a regular blog schedule
...your clients can’t help but want to read your blog!
Do you have any tips that aren’t listed? Comment below!